Summer Valley School is affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi, CISCSE.
Summer Valley School has classes from VI to XII. Sun Valley School, an associated junior school has classes from L.K.G. to V. The academic session begins in April every year for both the schools.
1. English is the medium of instruction in both the Schools. Hindi is compulsory up till class X and effort is made to ensure that every child reaches a high standard in the language. A third language, Sanskrit is taught in the middle school from Class VI to Class VIII.
2. The teacher student ratio is 1:23 in Summer Valley School and 1:20 in Sun Valley School. The average strength of a class in the junior school is below 35 students, in the middle school it ranges between 35 students to 40 students and in the senior school it is between 40 students to 45 students
3. In Summer Valley School a six day week timetable is followed, consisting of 48 periods. Sun Valley School follows a timetable of 40 periods, five days a week. Each period is of 40 minutes.
4. Music, Art, Craft, Candle Making, Physical Training are compulsory subjects that have been added to the timetable so that the child gets an opportunity to learn all these extra activities while he/she is in school. This also helps the child to take off his/her mind from studies and refreshes the child.
5. The school believes in holistic development of a child, therefore every week, two periods have been assigned for Inter house and Inter class competitions in the fields of Debating, Quizzing, Dramatics, Poetry, Music, Art, and Craft. This exposes the child to various co-curricular activities in School and also helps the child to become an extrovert.
6. Up till class VIII, all subjects are compulsory which includes English, Hindi, Mathematics, Science Social Studies, Environmental Studies, Sanskrit, General Knowledge and Computer Sciences. From class IX the child is given an option of two streams of Commerce and Science.